Our apologies. The School Garden Spring/Earth Day Makeover has been postponed due to weather. Please stay tuned for new dates.
Healthy Kids Day is part of the Y’s promise to strengthen communities. HKD is a kick-off event for a sustained initiative that helps kids stay healthy and achieving all summer long. Combine that with the fun and excitement of Queens Courier’s Everything Kids Expo and expect a fun-fill afternoon for the whole family.
Please make sure to return the permission form for Smile New York Outreach (mobile on-site dental clinic coming to our school) by MONDAY, APRIL 24, 2017 if you would like your child to receive dental services.
Call for Nominations for the
2017-2018 PTA Executive Board
This is a call for nominations for next year’s PTA Executive Board. Key positions will be vacant next year – which means, the PTA won’t exist without you!
Why would you consider becoming involved in PTA during the 2017-2018 school year? Because you want PS150Q to continue to be one of the best schools in New York City. You want your child to have an enriching school year – to learn AND have fun. You want to help decide how the PTA raises funds and how the budget is spent.
You want all the students at PS150Q to be successful.
If this sounds like you, then “help us shape the future of our school” now. Parent involvement is critical for a successful school, sign up to be nominated as a PTA elected officer.
We are accepting nominees for the following positions:
- President / Co-Presidents
- Vice President / Co-VPs
- Secretary, Recording
- Secretary, Corresponding
You can find a description for each position here.
Each officer serves for a one year term, and a person shall not be eligible to serve more than two consecutive terms in the same office (although s/he is eligible to serve in different Executive Committee positions).
- April 26 – Nominations for PTA Executive Board officers
- May 24 – Election of PTA Executive Board officers
- June – official Transfer of Records, transition from current 2016-17 officers to 2017-18 officers
Won’t it take a lot of time?
Yes, we confess, it is a time commitment, but usually only a matter of hours per month.
- Some work can be done at home on your own schedule.
- There are one or two PTA board meetings per month.
- It helps to be comfortable with email so everyone can communicate with each other no matter what their schedules are.
- It also can help if you have a flexible daytime schedule but it’s not required.
Don’t I need to have a lot of skills or experience?
All you need is an interest in your child’s school and a willingness to learn and be involved.
- It helps if you use email regularly and are reasonably comfortable with a computer.
- Former board members and volunteers will be able to offer advice.
- Bilingual volunteers are needed!
What’s in it for me?
Here’s your big chance to get involved with your child’s school and make a difference.
- Make friends and new connections.
- Learn new skills.
- Have a greater understanding of school and PTA issues.
If you don’t want to join the board, consider taking on a leadership role for an event (like the Movie Night or Read-A-Thon or Carnival). We need you!