NYC Schools Account
Starting June 8, you will have a new way to access key information about your child’s progress in school. With a NYC Schools account, you will be able to view your child’s attendance, grades, and contact information in one of ten languages on a computer, phone, or tablet.
How do I create an account?
You must be your child’s parent or legal guardian and live at the same address to create an account. If you have more than one child attending a NYC school, you can create an account for all of them in one visit.
1. Set up an appointment with your child’s school.
2. Bring the following: Your Photo Identification
- Driver’s license
For additional information on obtaining a photo ID, visit http://www.nyc.gov/idnyc.
Your Email Address
You can register for a free email address through Gmail, Hotmail, or Yahoo.
3. Receive a temporary password.
NYC Student Identification Number(s) for Enrolled Children
You can find your child’s 9-digit student ID number on his or her report card. If you do not have your child’s ID number, ask your school.
When you create the account at your school, you’ll receive a receipt with your temporary password printed on it.
4. Sign into your account from a computer, phone, or tablet.
Go to http://schools.nyc.gov/myaccount and enter your email address and temporary password. You will be asked to create a new personal password for your account.
NYC Schools is available on any internet-ready device,
including tablets and smart phones. If you need access to a computer, visit your nearest public library.
If you need more assistance or have questions about navigating your account, contact your child’s school or call 311.
We invite you to provide feedback using the suggestions link at the bottom of every screen in your NYC Schools account.
What’s in my NYC Schools account?
- Attendance – View your child’s attendance for the current school year, including the number of days he or she was late or absent.
- Grades – View your child’s report card grades and any teacher comments for each marking period in the current school year.
- Student Profile – View the contact information on file at your school for you and your child.
Later this summer, you’ll be able to view additional information, such as your child’s test scores and schedule.
What are my next steps?
Set up an appointment with your child’s school to register for your NYC Schools account and view your child’s attendance, grades, and contact information.
Sign into your NYC Schools account to view additional information, such as your child’s most recent state test scores.
Use your NYC Schools account to view your child’s information any time.
Learn more by visiting: