TO ALL DISTRICT 30 PARENTS
You Can Make A Difference!
A Vacancy Currently Exists on Community District Education Council 30 for a Parent/Guardian of a Child attending a District 30 School. To request an application, kindly email our Administrative Assistant, Gail Cohen at: CEC30@schools.nyc.gov or call the office at (718) 391-8380.
Applications must be received by 5:00 PM Wednesday, January 22, 2014
People who applied to fill the positions voted on at last month’s meeting do not need to submit another application but must indicate their continuing interest by formally notifying the Council.
Eligible candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview
Some Roles of the Community District Education Council:
- · Work with parents, schools, the superintendent and the community
to support our students’ achievement and educational standards
- · Help schools with individual problems
- · Liaise with schools and School Leadership Teams
- · Connect with parents and parent associations
- · Assist parents to resolve issues and address concerns
- · Play a role in evaluating the Community Superintendent
- · Approve zoning lines submitted by the Community Superintendent
(THIS IS AN UNPAID VOLUNTEER POSITION)