- May 26th, 2012 – (Manhattan) Inwood Hill Park Meet 1:00 P.M in front of Park Environmental Center Transportation: “A” train to 207th st. West on Seaman Ave and North into the Park
- June 02nd, 2012 – (Brooklyn) Ft. Greene Park Meet 1:00 P.M. Park Entrance (Willoughby Avenue) Transportation: 2 or 3 train to Nevins St. proceed one block toward the Brooklyn Bridge to Dekalb Avenue Then Right and walk 6 blocks to Park Entrance.
- June 23rd, 2012 – (Queens) Queens Farm Museum Meet 1:00 P.M. Main Entrance (off Little Neck Pkwy) Transportation: E or F train to Kew Gardens/Union Turnpike stop. Then East bound Q46 Bus to Littleneck Pkwy Stop. Proceed across Cross Union Tpk and go north on Little Neck Pkwy three blocks.
- July 07th, 2012 – (Staten Island) Greenbelt Nature Center Meet 1:00 P.M. Main Entrance (Rockland Avenue) Transportation: From St. George Ferry Terminal take the S74/S84 bus from Ramp B or S61/S91 bus from Ramp A, disembark across from the nature center.
- July 21st, 2012 – (Bronx) Pelham Bay Park Meet 1:00 P.M. (Bx 12 Bus Stop, Orchard Beach) Transportation: Take #6 train to last stop. transfer to Bs12 bus to Orchard Beach.
- August 04th, 2012 – (Manhattan) Central Park (North) Meet 1:00 P.M. (Front of Charles A. Dana Discovery Center 110th st) Transportation: #4 train to 110th street, walk three blocks West to center.
- August 18th, 2012 – (Brooklyn) Marine Park Meet 1:00 P.M. (Front of Salt Marsh Nature Center, Avenue U)
Transportation: Q train to Kings Highway and take westbound B3 to Burnett Street and Avenue U. Entrance is along Avenue U.
**UPDATE** A description with details on the hike, area and transportation is available for download here.
More information will be available on “Kids Outdoors Online — NY,” an Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC) sponsored website due to launch on May 15th.