Thank you, parents for a great turnout at our December 15th PTA meeting. Our breakfast discussion with the Principal, Ms. Parache was productive and heartfelt – an encouraging affirmation to lead us into 2012. Details on each agenda are in progress. It will be posted on its corresponding page, but the summary is as follows:
- The administration is available and open to help: If you have any issues concerning the school, please contact the school’s administration rather than rely on a public forum to discuss an issue.
- Treasurer’s report regarding the sales and profits from the “Chess Tournament” and “Holiday Boutique.”
- Title One will send notices regarding the “Computer Classes” which will resume in January 2012
- SLT (School Leadership Team) managed for some 2nd and 3rd grade classes to bring in a snack that is convenient and quick enough to consume during a five minute water break. Notices will be sent home with all 2nd and 3rd grade students regarding a snack break, including the start time and regulations.
- Safety belt enforcement is an issue that can be addressed by the Pupil Transportation Team. Their Telephone number is (718) 392-8855 or email contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fundraising ideas from Guest Speaker Linda Villa-Passione incorporating Fair Trade Market items. Click Here For Article
- Read-a-thon is expected to take place in early 2012. It will replace the “Miss Chocolate” event. Click Here For Article
- Recess Committee is dedicating the January 2012 PTA meeting to focus on indoor recess. A presentation by Playworks is secured for the February 2012 meeting. (Details to come)
- Ms. Parache addressed the school’s categorization issue, bed bug control procedure and promoted a boost in reading non-fiction. (Details to come)
- Box Tops Goal: We are asking parents to commit to bringing in two (2) box tops before our next PTA meeting. Box Tops placed in an envelope may be dropped off at the PTA office in the main building. For the classroom, we are seeking permission to place a small container (tissue box or clear soup container) for the students to drop in their Box Tops. (Details to come)
To receive information by email, please contact us with your name, email and child’s class to ps150Qpta@gmail.com.